Rihanna is reportedly dropping her entire lawsuit against her father Ronald Fenty, two years after accusing him of using her fame for profit in her suit.
The pop star, who sued her father for using the family name to promote his venture Fenty Entertainment in 2019, told the court on Tuesday she was dismissing her lawsuit, according to court documents obtained by RadarOnline.
The father and daughter duo were set to appear in court on 22 September, but it has now been reported she decided to reach an agreement outside of court in order to avert a spectacle around their legal proceedings, according to the site.
Rihanna took legal action against her father in 2019, alleging he was seeking profit from her fame alongside a business partner.
She alleged that along with Moses Perkins, he has solicited business by falsely acting as her agent, according to papers first obtained by The Blast.
Despite having no authority to act on his daughter’s behalf, Ronald is said to have booked her on a $15million tour in Latin America and two concerts, at the Staples Center in Los Angeles and the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas for $400,000.
Rihanna asked for damages from her father, and an injunction on his business, set up in 2017.
While Rihanna was taking legal action against her father, the two remain in contact. Rihanna helped her father after he contracted coronavirus last year, sending him a ventilator and checking in on him on a daily basis, Ronald told The Sun.
In the summer of 2018 she shared pictures with dad Ronald and her mom Monica, as all three hung out during a trip back to her native Barbados.