in

Princess Beatrice Under Fire Over Dinner Date Amid COVID-19 Restrictions In UK

The internet was buzzing on Monday with The Sun newspaper’s headline reading: “Beahave! Princess’ flouts Covid rules’ dining with pals inside top restaurant.” Eek!

According to the publication, Beatrice was photographed having dinner at the lavish London restaurant Isabel with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi and four other guests last week.

“It looked like a very social event to me,” one source said, while another claimed everyone was “laughing, joking and enjoying themselves all evening”.

London, however, was in Tier 2 restrictions last week, which prohibits any mixing of households when indoors, though gatherings for work purposes are allowed, only when it is “reasonably necessary”.

ALSO READ  Princess Beatrice Announces She's Pregnant With Her First Child

A Buckingham Palace source has confirmed to ITV News that the gathering was, in fact, an “introductory work meeting”, lavish as it may have seemed, and it was Edoardo who was meeting with clients.

“This was a mid-week Wednesday evening, work-related, business development dinner, it was held in compliance with all government guidelines, the dinner was held in the early evening and all parties left in good time before the government curfew. Masks were worn in line with the government advice,” a spokesperson for Beatrice and Edoardo said.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CAPTCHA


Dolly Parton Donates $1million For Coronavirus Research

Dolly Parton Set To Release Beauty Line

Offset Reacts After Snoop Dogg Criticises Cardi B’s Song, WAP