Rejection is a normal part of the game, and it’s important to learn to accept it. But if you can avoid these common mistakes, it will be something you have to deal with less and less frequently. Try to fix the mistakes you’re doing wrong, and accept that there are some things you can’t change.
1. BECAUSE SE’S OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE: Sometimes, a guy gets rejected because he aimed too high. Let’s face it, there are some women that most guys never have a chance with. It might be about looks or money or age or whatever else. If you shoot for the stars, you can’t be surprised if you crash land. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t try, though. Sometimes, the prettiest girl at the dance stays alone because everyone is too afraid to approach her. Speak to a woman like this with self-confidence and politeness, and you never know how successful you might become. Just be prepared to be shot down. Rejection is not the end of the world, as long as you can handle it well.
2. YOUR CONFIDENCE GAME IS LOW: Probably the quality that women value most in men is self-confidence. More than good looks, money, a great job or a sense of humor, a self-assured man is extremely attractive to women. But too many guys substitute cockiness for confidence, and the two are polar opposites. A confident man doesn’t brag. He doesn’t need to. He is decisive, making decisions without wavering. He is respectful towards women, polite to waiters, charming, and an all around gentleman. This is something that all guys should strive towards being.
3. BECAUSE OF ARROGANCE: Arrogance is the way some guys cope with their perceived shortcomings. For whatever reason, they think that coming off as cocky will cover up the fact that they’re insecure or short or boring or whatever. It never works. Being yourself, whoever that is, beats arrogance any day.
Take the things you might be cocky about and downplay them, or better yet, don’t even talk about them until they come up naturally in conversation. Maybe you have a good job or a nice car. Maybe you’re a good athlete. Whatever it is, she’ll find out in due course, and will be much more impressed than if you just blurted it out.
4. THAT DAY JUST ISN’T YOUR DAY: Sometimes, you’re just unlucky. You approach a woman you’re into, whom on any other day might like you, too. But for whatever reason, she’s having a bad day. Maybe she had a fight with a friend or a bad day at work or maybe she’s just under the weather. You’ve got to accept that there’s always an element of chance to things, and sometimes, the timing just isn’t right.
5. YOU’RE JUST NOT HER TYPE: Sometimes, a guy is just not what a woman is looking for. It could be something about personality or maybe she’s just not physically attracted to him. Maybe the chemistry isn’t there for her. There’s not much you can do about this, other than just accept it. Again, rejection happens. If you approach her in a gentlemanly way, she will be polite about it. You should be, too. There’s nothing worse than a guy who gets bitter, whiny or angry over rejection. Knowing how to accept rejection is part of being self-confident enough to approach a woman in the first place.
6. BAD HYGIENE: Unfortunately, bad hygiene is an all too common reason that women reject men. Luckily, it is an easily preventable one. It’s pretty simple. Wash yourself, brush your teeth, wear clean clothes, run a comb through your hair, and you’re pretty much there. It’s easy for guys to get cleaned up and ready to go out. Put in that minimal effort. If you’re not clean, you will be rejected.