,

Fire At Gateway Mall In Umhlanga


Durban– A fire has actually burst out in the food court location at the Gateway Mall in Umhlanga, north of Durban.

Speaking to News24 from the scene, eyewitness Suveer Singh said firefighters were currently battling the blaze.

“The fire was initially quite bad and there was a lot of smoke. But it seems to have calmed down now that the firefighters have started working on it. It seems that many people have been evacuated from the mall itself.”

ALSO READ  Syria crisis: Russia 'begins air strikes'

Marshall Security Services spokesperson Kyle van Reenen said emergency services were on scene.

He said the fire was believed to have started in an extractor system of one of the fast food outlets.

Attempts by News24 to reach Gateway management have so far been unsuccessful.

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *