Former movie producer, Harvey Weinstein has recovered from Coronavirus and has been released from isolation more than two weeks after he had tested positive for the disease.
The report was confirmed by Weinstein’s spokesman Juda Engelmayer, who said: “As of now, it’s been 14 days since reports of concern from people inside the prison, and he has no symptoms and no issues.”
“He has been released from medical isolation” and has now been “deemed alright.”
Weinstein’s prison consultant Craig Rothfeld also said that the 68-year-old “is still in the Regional Medical Unit at Wende Correctional Facility and being monitored for his various medical conditions.”
But Rothfeld, however, declined to comment on Weinstein’s health condition, citing health privacy regulations.
The 68-year-old is serving a prison sentence at the Wende Correctional Facility after he was sentenced on March 11 for sexually assaulting former production assistant Mimi Haleyi and raping Jessica Mann, an aspiring actress.
More than 100 women, including famous actresses, accused Weinstein of sexual misconduct stretching back decades. He has denied the allegations, saying any sex was consensual.
On March 22, Michael Powers, the head of state corrections officers union announced that Weinstein had tested positive for the Coronavirus.
At the time, Michael said Weinstein had been placed in isolation at Wende Correctional Facility, the maximum-security prison east of Buffalo, New York, where he is serving a 23-year sentence.