in ,

Actor Noel Clarke Reveals He Contemplated Suicide When More Than 20 Women Accused Him Of Sexual Offences Last Year

British actor, Noel Clarke has revealed he contemplated suicide when more than 20 women accused him of sex offences.

 

In 2021, the Guardian published the allegations of misconduct from the women who all knew Clarke in a professional capacity.

 

In a statement at the time, Clarke said he ‘vehemently’ denied ‘any sexual misconduct or criminal wrongdoing’ and no criminal charges have been brought against him.

 

He added that he was ‘deeply sorry’ if some of his actions had affected people ‘in ways I did not intend or realise’, and vowed to get professional help ‘to educate myself and change for the better’.

 

The actor, 46, best known for appearing in Doctor Who and for co-creating The Hood Trilogy, has told The Mail On Sunday that he considered cutting his own throat with a knife, but a question from his 11-year-old son ‘snapped me out of it’.

 

‘Twenty years of work was gone in 24 hours. I lost everything,’ he told the newspaper, adding that his career has been cancelled by the allegations.

 

‘The company I built from the ground up, my TV shows, my movies, my book deals, the industry respect I had. In my heart and my head it has damaged me in a way I cannot articulate.’

ALSO READ  Actor Noel Clarke Accused Of Groping, Harassment And Bullying By 20 Women

 

Following the allegations against Clarke, ITV pulled the concluding episode of drama Viewpoint, in which he starred, and broadcaster Sky, which had aired Clarke’s series Bulletproof, said it was halting work with him.

 

Bafta also suspended his membership of the organisation and his outstanding British contribution to cinema award, which he had been given in 2021.

 

In March this year police said no criminal investigation would be launched in relation to sexual offence allegations made against him.

 

Scotland Yard said in a statement in March 2022 that there had been a thorough assessment by specialist detectives, but it was determined the information would not meet the threshold for a criminal investigation.

 

The statement said: ‘We have shared our findings with the third party organisation and updated the complainants who subsequently contacted us following the initial report.

 

‘If any further criminal allegation related to those already assessed are reported then it will be thoroughly considered.’

 

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Former ‘Bachelorette’ Becca Kufrin gets a ‘Yes’ after proposing to boyfriend Thomas Jacobs

Rapper Master P’s Daughter Tytyana Miller Dies At 29 Amid Mental Illness And Substance Abuse