For years, Joke Sylva has entertained Nigerians on stage and screen. From the days of ‘Violated,’ ‘Keeping Faith,’ to the days of ‘The Wives,’ and ‘One Fine Day,’ we just can’t get enough of her in depth skills.
Here are five simple things you probably don’t know about the actress.
Here we go;
1. The actress was born September 29, 1961, in Lagos Nigeria.
2. Joke Silva attended Holy Child College in Lagos. She studied English at the University of Lagos, before relocating to England where she studied drama at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
3. The veteran kicked off her acting career on stage. However, the movies ‘Violated’ by Amaka Igwe and Ego Boyo, and Yoruba film ‘Owulorojo’ brought her into limelight.
4. Joke Silva is married to the talented veteran Olu Jacobs. The two who met in 1981 and married in 1985, are blessed with two children.
5. Silva is a co-founder of Lufodo Academy of Performing Arts (LAPA), a performing arts educational institution which delivers teaching and practical based training of international quality and capacity.