Designations are currently open for the thirteenth release of the Groove Awards through the Groove site, a procedure that will surprisingly include the general population.
Both the designation procedure and honor classes have been revived to give more prominent proprietorship and support to gospel music fans the nation over.
There are 18 distinct classifications with chosen people who pull in many designations naturally reserving spaces for conclusive voting from the general population and the board of judges.
Classes in the current year’s version have been redone mulling over industry research and bits of knowledge and to better mirror the changing scene of the neighborhood gospel music industry and additionally take discernment of worldwide music patterns.
This year, awards will also be handed out in the areas of artistry, song-writing, dance, production, and media.
To directly nominate their favorite songs and artistes, fans have to log on to www.grooveawards.co.ke between the May 24 to May 28, 2018.
A full list of the nominees will be made public on June 6, during the Groove Nomination Night.
Voting will then be open to the public until midnight on June 23, followed by the red carpet gala night the following day.
The Categories Full List:
1. Artist of the Year
2. Teens Choice Song of the Year
3. Breakthrough Artiste of the Year
4. Hip-Hop Song of the Year
5. Reggae/Ragga Song of the Year
6. Praise & Worship Song of the Year
7. Collabo of the Year
8. Music Video of the Year
9. Dance Style/Song
10. Media Personality
11. HypeMan/MC of the Year
12. Breakthrough DJ/VJ of the Year
13. Eastern Counties Song of the Year
14. Western Counties Song of the Year
15. Rift Counties Song of the Year
16. Nyanza Counties Song of the Year
17. Central Counties Song of the Year
18. Coastal Counties Song of the Year