The bursars will be full-time students while Lonmin takes care of all financial obligations. A bursary will be awarded for the completion of a degree or tertiary qualification, whereafter the candidate will join Lonmin as a Graduate-in-Training, where he/she will be required to undergo a pre-determined development programme with outcomes based on the student’s relevant field. Each Graduate-in-Training will be assigned a Mentor for his/her guidance.
Fields of Study:
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
The value of the bursary includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Books, meals and accommodation
- Monthly allowance
- Medical aid cover
- 8 weeks’ vacation work annually
- Grade 12 – Maths and Science (60%) or higher
- University results – C average (60%) or higher
- Relevant computer skills (MS Office)
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to cope with pressure.
- The bursary is renewable annually, depending on academic performance
- Post-qualification, the bursar will be required to work for Lonmin for a period equal to the study period funded.
Note that preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates.
How to Apply?
Visit www.lonmin.com and apply online.
Should you not hear from us within a period of 21 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Applicants will be required to undergo psychometric assessment.
LONMIN BURSARIES – 2013
Closing Date: 22 June 2012