I dare you to read this with your boyfriend/girlfriend and then ask them which type you are. Talk about it to each other, even if it seems painful or awkward. If both of you care about each other, having this conversation will only bring both of you closer!
1. THE CONTROLLING TYPE: The controlling lover appears very caring and loving, and seems extremely attentive to your needs. But somewhere along the way, you may start to feel stifled and suffocated by their subtle demands or restrictions. They use manipulation and emotional blackmail to make you dependent on them, and before you know it, you feel trapped and isolated from the rest of the world.
2. THE PLEASING TYPE: This kind of a lover goes out of their way to please their partner. Call it unconditional love or pleasing love, but just watching their lover smile makes this person happy and fulfilled. They get pleasure out of pleasing their partner, even if it means giving up on something they want or like.
3. THE ONE WHO TAKES: This is the kind of partner who constantly takes in the relationship *always wants things their own way*. This person believes they bring so much into the relationship just by their mere existence that they don’t need to do anything at all to make their partner happy. People who think of themselves as a trophy usually end up as this kind of a partner.
4. THE ONE WHO GIVES: This is the selfless lover who constantly gives in the relationship, usually because they believe they’re not good enough for the relationship or their partner, or they believe they don’t provide enough value to the relationship and try to compensate for it by giving more towards the relationship.
5. THE ONE WHO LOVES DRAMA: This kind of a lover wants to experience something new all the time, be it a fight or a romantic getaway. They don’t like comfort or monotony. They’d rather pick a petty fight or do something dramatic than just let the relationship go along its calm course.
6. THE SUAVE ACTOR: The actor is a tricky person to read, because they behave like they really care about you when you’re around. They constantly try to show just how concerned they are about you and your happiness, they ask you if you want something, but in reality, they don’t ever do anything to make you feel better. It’s all talk and no trousers
7. THE ONE WHO STRAYS: This kind of a partner gets bored very easily and they always want more. They may seem excited for the first few months of the relationship, but as soon as the infatuation stage passes by, they get distant or boring. And they’d seem more interested in impressing someone else.
8. THE ONE WHO OVERLOOKS: This kind of a partner sees your flaws, but they choose to overlook them or put up with them because they don’t want to change anything in the relationship. They’d rather be a punching bag who deals with their partner’s affairs or lack of affection by turning a blind eye to it, rather than confront or walk away from it.
9. THE ONE WHO COMPROMISES: This kind of a lover doesn’t mind giving in for the happiness of the relationship. They give in easily in any argument or discussion just to please their partner, or avoid a fight. They may seem like they have no desires or wants, and are happy to accept the decisions of their partner.
10. THE POSSESSIVE ONE: The possessive lover may love you a lot, but they have a very hard time trusting you. They constantly feel like everyone else in the world is out to separate the both of you, and every person of the opposite sex is trying to hook up with you. This kind of a partner may love you, but they have a hard time trusting you unconditionally.
11. THE JEALOUS ONE: Does your partner ever feel jealous of your success or your achievements? The jealous lover may love you a lot, but they always want what you have, or more. If you buy a few new expensive perfumes, your jealous lover would want to buy perfumes too. And if you get promoted at work, your partner may start sulking about how underappreciated they are at work even if they never felt that way before you got your promotion!
12. THE MATERIAL LOVER: This kind of a lover is more focused on wealth and luxuries than anything else. They want everything the material world has to offer, and they don’t care what their partner does *behind their back* as long as they have money and the good life.
13. THE LOYAL LOVER: A loyal lover is the one who sticks with their partner through thick and thin. They have moral principles and they don’t go looking for opportunities to cheat on their partner. They’re emotionally and sexually satisfied and don’t stray at the first stolen opportunity.