Many people find it hard to understand why a woman would choose to stay in a marriage or a relationship with a man who has cheated on her, or who has a history of extramarital affairs. Yet there are millions of women, who for various reasons, have chosen to stay with a cheating partner. In fact, according to experts up to 75% of couples rocked by infidelity manage to stay together. These are not the only reasons women remain in relationships with cheaters. There are a myriad of reasons why women stay with cheaters, some that only make sense to the women involved. Below are just a few reasons why women choose to stay with a cheating spouse or partner.
1. The lying has stopped Women feel better, after everything is out in the open. They believe that with the lying over with, they can begin to repair their marriages.
hy women stay with men who cheat. They blame themselves for their men’s behavior. “What did I do wrong to make him cheat?”
4. Financial reasons There are women who are unable to, or believe they cannot make it on their own without the financial support of a cheating partner.
5. Convenience It may be more convenient to stay with the cheater for the time being, until certain legal or financial measures have been put into place.
6. For the sake of the children Some women feel that children should be raised in a two-parent home at all costs.
7. Desire to one up, the other woman “Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned” Wives who have been scored, may have the need to prove they won over the other woman. The wife may be hell bent on showing her husband’s mistress, that she was nothing more than a fling, while she, the wife, has the home, children and the good life.
9. Bad timing The current economic situation, a serious illness, or any number of other problems may mean that leaving the cheater has to be temporarily put on hold.